SOME GREAT Dog Friendly Places In New York City
New York City might not seem like the most dog friendly place at first glance, but there are actually many places you can visit with your best furry friend!
1. Boat Basin Cafe - in a prime location overlooking the Hudson river, you can enjoy standard bar food like fried appetizers and sandwiches, plus a range of salads.
2. Fifth Hammer Brewing Company - a great place to stop for a refreshing beer and a very dog friendly atmosphere.
3. Prospect park dog beach - a good place for both you and your dog to make friends!
4. Shake shack - try some awesome meals for both you and your dog, including a dog-friendly Poochini pudding (a chilled dog treat coated in peanut butter and topped with dog-friendly vanilla custard).
5. William Secord Gallery - William Secord was the founding director of the Dog Museum of America and opened this Upper East side gallery to display 19th and 20th-century dog and animal paintings. Leashed dogs are allowed inside to enjoy the pieces with you.
6. Seastreak Ferry - transports humans and dogs from E. 35th Street to Wall Street, Jersey City, and the Hoboken area. Enjoy great views of New York and Lady Liberty.
7. Ollies in Bushwick Brooklyn - stop for a refreshing ice cream suitable for both you and your dog!
8. The Good Dog Show - head to DSK's Haus on Hanson (a Barkeasy) with your dog, and you can grab some great food, German beers, and enjoy some comedy from some of New York City’s funniest comedians. Your dog might even get called on stage!
9. Macy’s at Herald Square - well behaved dogs are welcomed here. You can also head to Tiffany's, Saks Fifth Avenue, Michael Kors, and Bloomingdales.
10. Tawny Tours - go on a walking tour where you will stop at dog parks and dog friendly restaurants after exploring NYC neighborhoods.